- China’s Huawei fires employee detained in Poland INQUIRER.net
- China's Huawei 'fires' employee arrested in Poland Rappler
- China's Huawei fires employee detained in Poland ABS-CBN News
- Poland spy arrest: China telecoms firm Huawei sacks employee BBC News
- China seeks consular access for Huawei employee arrested in Poland Rappler
- View full coverage on Google News
BEIJING, China – Huawei said Saturday it has fired a Chinese employee who was arrested in Poland on espionage allegations, as China's telecom giant
Citing management rules in company contracts, Huawei says it 'has decided to immediately terminate its employer relationship with Wang Weijing'
China's telecom giant distanced itself from the case amid Western concerns that it could act as a proxy for Chinese security services.
The Chinese telecoms firm says Wang Weijing acted on his own and brought the company into disrepute.