- Runaway Saudi woman reaches her new home in Canada INQUIRER.net
- Runaway Saudi teen settles in Canada after being granted asylum Rappler
- 'Brave new Canadian': Saudi teen Rahaf Alqunun arrives in Canada l Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera English
- Saudi teen who fled family welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto GMA News
- Saudi teen asylum seeker expected in Canada Rappler
- View full coverage on Google News
An 18-year-old Saudi woman who said she feared death if deported back home arrived Saturday in Canada, which offered her asylum.
Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun arrives in Toronto while wearing a gray hoodie emblazoned with the red word 'CANADA' and a blue cap with the UNHCR's logo
Eighteen-year-old Rehaf Alqunun, who fled from her family over fears for her life, has arrived in Canada. Alqunun flew from Thailand to Toronto via Seoul aft...
An 18-year-old Saudi woman who fled her family this week saying she feared for her life arrived in Toronto's international airport on Saturday after being granted asylum in Canada, where Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland welcomed her as a brave new Canadian. Current top breaking Philippine headlines regarding the nation, world, metro manila, regions and exclusive special investigative reports.
The move is sure to further strain Canada's relations with the kingdom that went sideways last August over Ottawa's human rights criticism of Saudi Arabia