- Sotto offers to mediate between Duterte and Church INQUIRER.net
- Sotto wants to broker peace between Duterte, bishops ABS-CBN News
- Palace on Duterte's tirades vs. Catholic Church: It's self-defense CNN Philippines
- Palace: Duterte still open to dialogue with Church leaders INQUIRER.net
- Bishop fires back: 'Duterte's presidency a disgrace' ABS-CBN News
- View full coverage on Google News
Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III on Monday said he wanted to foster peace between President Rodrigo Duterte and the members of the Catholic Church, citing that many Filipinos were growing uncomfortable with the tension between the two.
Senate President Vicente Sotto III on Monday said he is trying to broker peace between President Duterte and Catholic Church leaders, saying he is uncomfortable with the ongoing word war between the 2 camps.
President Rodrigo Duterte said he is still open to a dialogue with members of the clergy, Malacañang said Monday.
A Catholic bishop has fired back after President Rodrigo Duterte issued another violent rhetoric against the Philippine clergy.