- SpaceX launches 10 more Iridium Communications satellites Philippine Canadian Inquirer
- SpaceX cuts hundreds of staff after their last mission for Iridium TechSpot
- SpaceX begins 2019 with eighth and final launch for upgraded Iridium network Spaceflight Now
- SpaceX’s first 2019 launch completes iridium satellite network The Indian Express
- View full coverage on Google News
A SpaceX rocket delivered 10 satellites to low-Earth orbit, completing a two-year campaign by Iridium Communications Inc. to replace its original fleet.
COO Gwynne Shotwell revealed that about 7,000 people worked for SpaceX in late 2017, which means at least 700 people have lost their jobs. SpaceX isn’t answering questions about which departments they worked for or any details about compensation. They…
SpaceX began releasing them into orbit about an hour later at an altitude of roughly 390 miles and completed deployment within 15 minutes.
Astronomers have detected ultra-brief repeating energy bursts from deep space for only the second time in history, with some suggesting they could be evidence of advanced alien life. Several researchers shared their views with China Daily writers Zhang Zhouxiang and Wang Yu: